Since its founding in 2000, our company has implemented a strategic program of education support. The importance of teaching how to program with geometric kernels is validated by the high number of employers searching for graduates with knowledge and experience in design systems development. Today, educational institutions use software from C3D Labs for teaching and researching in various fields.
In practice, the pilot projects of students often grow up to become valid commercial software products. We support these breakthroughs by providing schools with access to our most knowledge-intensive product – the C3D geometric modeling kernel.
We have developed an educational program for educators that is aimed at advanced vocational training for specialists in the fields of product design, engineering processes, and engineering analysis.
C3D in the academic environment opens up new opportunities in many areas:
- Studying the internal structure of typical CAD/CAM/CAE systems
- Familiarizing students with modern mathematical tools that perform geometric calculations and construct 2D and 3D models
- Acquiring training in engineering software that uses geometric kernels
- Consolidating theoretical data in higher mathematics, engineering graphics, linear algebra, and analytical geometry
- Preparing technical guidelines for lab and practical work
- Completing course work, graduate qualifications, and theses
- Creating software tools for aid research and development
- Developing commercial IT products together with innovative firms linked to educational institutions
When these lines of activity are integrated into curricula, the attractiveness of an educational institution for international cooperation is enhanced, and benefits the growth of its ratings in the educational arena worldwide.
Modern technology for higher education
The C3D Educational Licensing Program provides universities with these benefits:
- Discounted C3D license
- Access to the geometric toolkit's documentation
- Technical support for projects executed with C3D
- Geometric Modeling book by Nikolay Golovanov, PhD
The following educational institutions were among the first to use C3D educational licenses:
National Research Ogarev State University of Mordovia
Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology
Voronezh State Technical University
National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University
Taras Shevchenko State University of Transnistria
Ulyanovsk State Technical University